Catawba Valley Cattlemen’s Association
The purpose of the Association is to help educate beef cattle producers to improve the quality and increase the quantity of beef.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month, either at the Catawba County Agricultural Resources Center or on local farms. It sponsors monthly business and educational meetings; co-sponsors field days, livestock shows and other educational events for beef producers; and provides support for 4-H livestock program.
Monthly Cattlemen Newsletters
- December 2020 – Matching Facilities, Structures, Management Styles, and Health Protocols for Cattle
- November 2020 Newsletter – Fall BBQ
- October 2020 Newsletter – Smooth Transitions of the Farm to The Next Generation
- September 2020 Newsletter – Practical Ration Balancing & Whole Animal Buying
- August 2020 Newsletter – Pasture Finished Beef vs. Grain Finished Beef
- July 2020 Newsletter – Alternative Feeds for Cattle
- June 2020 Newsletter – Managing Native Grass Forages
- May 2020 Newsletter – Beef Cattle & the Food Chain
- April 2020 Newsletter; Article “Masks & Mowers”
- March 2020 Newsletter; Practical Litter Updates
- CVCA November 2019 Newsletter
- 2019 October Newsletter
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
The Association conducts two fund raising barbeques each year to raise money for a week-long, out-of-state educational tour for members. Other activities of the association include a cooperative purchasing program for mineral supplements and a monitoring of legal issues that impact livestock producers and other landowners.
For more information, you may contact Catawba County Cooperative Extension Office at (828) 465-8240.
NC Cattlemen’s Association – includes recipes, beef facts, food safety resources, and other educational resources.