Catawba County 4-H Program
Welcome to Catawba County 4-H
4-H is the youth program of Cooperative Extension for children ages 5-18. 4-H clubs offer long-term involvement and focus on a variety of different topics. Clubs are led by volunteer leaders and meet at different times and locations around the county. There are also school classroom programs, after-school programs, and summer enrichment programs offered through 4-H. 4-H offers quality educational programs and activities at low or no cost, because we are a service provided by local and state government. Many 4-H programs focus on STEM, Healthy Living, and Leadership.
Program vision: Offer a multi-faceted 4-H program that supports the involvement of youth in long-term meaningful 4-H clubs and programs, enabling them to grow into future leaders.
Program mission: Build and support youth programs based on the 8 essential elements of youth development (based on research)
- Positive relationship with a caring adult (supporting volunteer club leaders)
- Inclusive Environment (reaching out to all families)
- Safe emotional and physical environment (safety/liability)
- Opportunity for mastery (helping kids feel like they do something well)
- Engagement in learning (hands-on learning)
- Opportunity to see oneself as an active participant in the future (goal setting)
- Opportunity for self-determination (lot of different options and topics to explore)
- Opportunity to value and practice service to others (community service/leadership)
Catawba County 4-H is learning, doing, and getting involved in projects and activities. You might learn about rockets, sewing, photography, plants, rabbits or even horses. 4-H may take you to a summer camp, a fair, or maybe even the Nation’s capital–Washington, DC! The best way to get connected to 4-H is to join a 4-H Club. Take a look at all of the 4-H Clubs that you can join . . . or start your own!
4-H has so many opportunities right outside your door
- make new friends
- take great trips to new places
- learn about cool new things
- get involved in your community and help your neighbors
- earn awards and recognition
Registration, Resources and Forms:
- 4-H Mini-Garden Registration
- Awarded Scholarship Application
- 4-H Camp Scholarship Application
- 4-H Enrollment and Medical Form with 4-H Online
Contact Donna Mull, 4-H Agent, for more information about Catawba County 4-H. You can reach her via email by clicking on her name or by phone at (828)465-8240.