Catawba County Home Horticulture and Green Industry
Vision: To strengthen the economy and protect natural resources with increased knowledge of sustainable horticulture practices and profitable green industry systems.
- To provide CEU credits for Green Industry professionals by conducting classes that provide pesticide and landscape contractor credits
- To provide classes for the public in sustainable gardening techniques and home horticulture so that communities are enhanced and natural resources are conserved through thoughtful and knowledgeable landscape plantings and designs
- To support school and community gardens by providing expertise and curriculum building around plants and food production
What’s Going on in the Landscape?
Read up on the latest trends and ideas for your home landscape.
- More Color in Your Yard
- Grow a Fall Vegetable Garden
- Grow in Containers
- Crape Myrtle Bark Scale – a New Pest for Our County
- Grow Some Veggies on Your Balcony
- Help the Pollinators This Year
- Grow Some Seeds Indoor This Year
- Brighten Your Home with a Houseplant
- Add More Sustainability to Your Landscape
- Fall is a Great Time to Add a Pollinator Garden
- Reap the Rewards of Repeat Bloomers
- Add Some Fall Color to Your Yard
- Water-Wise Gardening